The parish of Hardwicke was carved out of that of Clifford, reputedly then the fourth largest in the country (by area…) in 1853. The promoters were the Penoyre family who lived locally at The Moor, and they commissioned a Monmouth architect, Thomas Tudor, who made a good fist of it. The first vicar was the resoundingly named Revd. W T Napleton Stallard Penoyre, who was succeeded by William Webb, a well-known astronomer and friend of Kilvert.
Puzzle of the day: Why the ship in the window?
UPDATE: the ever-resourceful Rob Walker suggests that there was a slaving conection with Jamaica: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/lbs/person/view/2146638593.