31 March 2017
Be equipped and inspired by churches housing the homeless: a day of informative talks, interactive seminars, networking, inspirational testimonies and tenant awards.
We will be looking at many aspects of churches housing the homeless and refugees.
Dianne Tidball – President Elect of the Baptist Union, formerly a Regional Minister for the East Midlands Baptist association and Ambassador for Hope into Action.
Linda Huskisson – Author of a remarkable book: “Living life cheating death”, runs support groups for people suffering domestic violence and is a Trustee of Hope into Action.
Major Anne Read – Director of Anti Trafficking and Modern Slavery for The Salvation Army.
Rev’d Jon Canessa – Priest for the homeless.
Josephine Knowles – Founder of Beyond The Streets, the organisation looking to end sexual exploitation.
Steven Clifford – General Director of the Evangelical Alliance.
Jonathan Aitken – Former Cabinet Minister, author and prison reformer.
Rev’d Paul Cowley MBE – Leads Caring for Ex Offenders and supports prison work across the world.
Venue: Salvation Army Church, 1203 Bourges Blvd, Peterborough PE1 2AU
Date: 31 March 2017 from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Pricing: £30 click here
All church leaders free. Please contact Carole on email@example.com
Light refreshments will be served throughout the day as well as a buffet lunch.
List of seminars:
1. Jonathan Aitken: Hope and Action for ex-offenders.
2. Josephine Knowles: In her shoes – narratives of women who sell sex.
3. Jon Canessa: The violence of love.
4. Rev’d Paul Cowley: Mentoring and forming relationships with vulnerable adults.
5. Anne Reid: Trafficking
6. Tenant forum
1. What is it like to be a former prisoner? Story from a tenant, questions from Jonathan Aitken and Rev’d Cowley
2. What is it like to be in recovery from addiction: with a tenant
3. What is it like to be a vulnerable Woman: Hear Linda Huskisson’s story
4. What is it like to be an HIA partner? (Church Partner, Franchise Lite, Franchise Partner)
5. What is it like to be a Hope into Action investor?